Web 2.0 tools I used/mentioned in this blog:
- WordPress: make free blogs/websites
- Wordle.net: make word clouds
- Vimeo.com: publish your videos (cfr YouTube)
- Prezi.com: easy and beautiful presentation tool
- Slideshare.com: share your presentations
- Reveal.js: HTML presentation framework
- Screenr.com: make your own screencasts (free version limited to 5 minutes)
- Diigo.com: publish and share your bookmarks
- Quicktime: software to play videos and record screencasts
- Twitter: micro blogging tool
“… integration of Twitter into the course based on a theoretically driven pedagogical model and requiring students to use Twitter are essential components of improved outcomes” (Junco et al, 2013).
- Facebook and Google+
- Dropbox: cloud sharing tool
“Explore how you can achieve the minimum benefit from cloud storage and syncing for information management within your library” (Notess, 2012).
- Skype: enables video calls using VOIP
- Cool Kitten: build a responsive website with a parallax scrolling effect.